Senior Product Designer
Engage builds software to make the process of finding, hiring, managing and paying temporary workers painless. Our software is making waves in the UK recruitment industry and we’re growing our team so that we can get our products into the hands of more people, faster.
We believe a great product designer:
- Is honest, friendly and kind
- Cares about the quality of the work, the people who use the product, and also - importantly - their teammates
- Listens, observes and articulates well
- Is pragmatic and has a positive outlook
- Shows up and delivers
If that sounds like you, and you:
- Love solving complex problems, and are willing to try new things
- Trust that you have good design taste
- Are confident enough to attempt any design problems thrown at you but humble enough to value learning quickly, whether from your own mistakes or from others
- Have the tenacity to focus on getting the job done, on time, and with sufficient quality to deliver value for the users, taking into account the business strategy
- Have a track record of contributing to the delivery of successful products, in various capacities
We would like to invite you to join us to:
- Build on your previous successes, becoming even more successful here, and helping to level up your team-mates
- Validate every assumption we make. Help us be better and do better
- Go out and meet with our users to learn about them and help them learn about our products
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and partners to ensure that everyone involved is on the same page throughout the product development lifecycle and beyond
- Run workshops, gather ideas and visually represent solutions in the most appropriate format - whether that's low or high fidelity
- Develop and promote a healthy design culture within the organisation
And by the way, it would be a huge, huge plus if you:
- Use Sketch and are familiar with building, using and maintaining a design system
- Know the tricks of building rapid prototypes for collecting meaningful feedback quickly and effectively
- Stay on top of new design trends and technologies we can use to improve the user experience
- Drink 4 cups of coffee per day - of course we’re kidding. Seriously though, we embrace diversity here, of all kinds, even beverage choice :)
Our team culture
Our team is based in Paddington, London. You don't need to be in the office five days a week, but there is a lot of work - like brainstorming - that can't easily be performed remotely. We invest heavily in product management and design and believe that creating great product takes time and effort.
To work at this level you have to love technology, but not for its own sake. For us, technology exists to allow us to make our users successful.
We're always looking to get better. Nothing is set in stone and everyone is allowed an opinion. We hope that once new team members they find their feet and get comfortable, they can contribute to making all of us better.
Read more about us at engagetech.workable.com.
We offer share options.
How to apply
If you think you're a good fit for this role, send us a covering email along with your CV - we want to get to know you! Please also include your availability.
As part of our hiring process, we ask you to take a design challenge which is based on the kind of problems we face in our business daily. It will take a couple of hours, and we will review it with you. You'll have the opportunity to see how we work, and you can decide if you like our style.