Gympass is a disruptive health and wellness platform that connects gyms, studios and health clubs to companies and their employees. We are currently in 4,000 cities and 13 countries and quickly scaling up in the United States. We're looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel to join our team at NYC headquarters to oversee all things legal.
- Providing the most responsive legal procedure and advice to carry out the company’s business and protect company`s interests and rights;
- Identifying risks and causes of the main legal contingencies or exposures and proposing improvements;
- Informing local, regional and headquarters leadership and internal clients of eventual changes in legislation and jurisprudence that might impact business;
- Creating and implementing procedures for contract management, organization, and documentation
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of coverage area-specific commercial agreements, including license, vendor, technology, master services, confidentiality and other agreements, and supporting the Sales team’s negotiation of applicable privacy, data security and IP provisions
- Adopting preventive measures to avoid legal contingencies and disputes in all areas of law;
- Analyzing and managing lawsuits and define actions, defense and litigation strategies;
- Maintaining updated reports on company`s lawsuits and legal recommendations for accruals;
- Establishing and managing competitive budget according to the company`s business and keep controlled costs considering focusing on compliance and avoiding and managing contingencies;
- Managing outside counsel
- Providing legal support on compliance issues, training and investigations.
- 4+ years of relevant experience (preference for at least two years at a leading law firm or in-house at a technology or Internet company)
- Bachelors Law degree in Corporate Law
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State bar
- Strong general commercial contract skills and experience
- Flexibility/adaptability and a willingness to work on a broad range of matters and take on projects outside of core areas.
- Ability to effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently to meet deadlines and drive agreements to a conclusion, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality
- Excellent written, oral and negotiation communication skills and superb judgment
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Self-starter able to take on work independently, but also able to triage as appropriate
What we offer
- Competitive package: Salary + benefits and Gympass on us!
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- Meritocratic culture where performance and leadership is rewarded
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere in a purpose-driven organization
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Use your Indeed resume
to apply for this job