Designer Who Codes
Almost half of all adults take a repeat prescription, but 40% of medication isn’t taken as directed. This costs the NHS billions in waste each year. Echo’s mission is to remove the barriers to adherence through elegant, user-focused design and technology.
We're looking for an awesome designer for Vault, our bespoke back-end system and brains of Echo. Vault provides the interface for Pharmacists, operations and support teams to manage all requests and ensure our users get the best possible service.
We’re looking for a Product Designer with front end development experience to be responsible for the design of this platform and help us give our internal tools the same love and user-focused design as our end-user products.
You’ll combine product design and UI engineering to create and maintain a design system and component library to ensure that we build consistent and scalable interfaces, working very closely with the engineering to implement and craft these products.
Last but not least, you’ll be a master at turning very complex processes into intuitive interfaces and workflows.
We are looking for someone who:
- Sees good design as deliberate, principled and consistent
- Is driven by delivering great experiences and solving problems
- Loves the design challenges that come from complex, data heavy interfaces
- Can work closely with engineers to bring products to life
- Can create and implement a design system for internal tooling
- Can implement and maintain a component library
You should have experience with:
- Designing internal or admin tools
- Creating simple UIs for complex processes
- Prototyping tools (Principle, Flinto, Framer, etc)
- Solid HTML/CSS skills with some experience with component frameworks (ideally Angluar/react/vue)
- Experience with rich web / mobile apps
- Using data to validate design ideas
- Highly competitive package
- 25 days annual leave
- Apple equipment
- Weekly fruit basket and healthy snacks
- Monthly team socials
Echo makes prescriptions painless. Through our revolutionary app patients can order NHS repeat prescriptions, get medications delivered straight to their door, and even get reminders when it’s time to take them too. It’s secure, simple to use, and, most importantly, free.
Our founders, Sai and Stephen, started Echo back in 2015 in response to their personal frustrations with the process of getting repeat medications.
We’ve come a long way in just a few years. Today, we now help tens of thousands of people get their repeat prescriptions — making their already busy lives that bit easier.
Our customers are our number one priority. We pride ourselves on giving them the best possible service. Nothing motivates us more than when we get amazing feedback from the people using Echo to manage their medication.
We won Start-up of the Year and best HealthTech firm at the 2016 Elevator Pitch Live awards, and app of the year at the 2016 Healthcare Start-up awards. We’re also a proud member of Tech City UK’s Upscale class of 2017.
Echo is backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, including LocalGlobe, the leading early-stage VC that previously backed TransferWise, Lovefilm, Osper, Improbable.io and Zoopla.
We’re growing fast and are on the lookout for talented professionals who are passionate about improving health for millions of people in the UK. Are you up for the challenge?