Senior Visual Designer
Apache Flink is one of the most active and fastest-growing open-source projects in the Apache Software Foundation and is used in production by enterprises including Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more.
data Artisans was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s largest biggest challenges in big data and data streaming.
data Artisans is looking for an experienced Visual Designer in Berlin, Germany, to oversee all brand and marketing design initiatives. You’ll be the first full-time designer on our team, and you’ll have significant influence in shaping the company’s brand. You’ll collaborate directly with the company’s business and engineering leadership in this role.
We’re looking for someone with 3+ years of in-house or agency experience, both shipping completed projects and working toward business objectives.
Our Senior Visual Designer will:
- Collaborate with company leadership and marketing team to develop a unified company brand & vision
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, including fine-grained interaction details
- Create consistent, unified experiences across multiple mediums & channels
- Manage creative production and resources, including contractors and agencies
- Act as a design leader within data Artisans, both educating the company on design best practices and helping to build a design team over the coming years
- Self-starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers, product management, marketing and other teams in the company
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals; able to listen, and able to elicit project goals and ideas from collaborators
- Experience designing for all types of devices: desktop, tablet, phone
- Experience creating high-fidelity mockups (Sketch, Figma, etc.) and prototypes (Framer, Principle, InVision, etc.)
- 3+ years of in-house or agency experience
- Passion for creating impact and meeting business objectives through design; balances business goals with brand best practices
- Background in design and creative direction that demonstrates a strong sense of design/taste
- Experience scaling and managing design teams
- Experience working in close partnership with both marketing and product teams
By joining data Artisans, you have the opportunity to work with an excellent and tightly-knit team, and have substantial impact on our products and organization. We are a product-driven organization, and we invest significantly in every individual by giving them freedom and decision-making power.
Benefits of working at data Artisans include:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Choice of your own tech gear
- Flexible working hours and vacation
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks