Lead Product Designer
Linux Academy is seeking a creative Product Designer to lead our team and support the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
We’re looking for that person that wakes up and breaths user design. Your mission in life is to make sure all things are easy to use for the users and improve experiences around the globe. You thrive in learning new UX Skills and are not afraid of a challenge. Also you are infectious! You inspire people to follow a vision and mentor them to become better designers. Here’s what you can expect what your responsibilities will look like:
- Execute design thinking tactics – write user profiles and flows
- Execute within the entire design life-cycle including research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and user testing.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems on our products
- Develop and adhere to brand and style guidelines.
- Create Technical Documentation to help developers understand the vision and flow of a feature/product.
- Work with the development team to realize designs, conduct design QA, and aid in interaction design
- Lead, mentor, and develop processes for product designers and UI developers.
- 5+ Years of UI/UX Design Experience
- A Portfolio that blows people’s mind.
- You’re a ninja at: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract, InVision, & Zeplin
- Proven work experience and excellence in providing high quality design and user experience in an efficient and timely manner
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure
- Must be available to work in office located in Keller, TX.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Proven experience as a team leader or manager for 1+ years
- Knowledge of performance metrics (especially the OKR system)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Agile Methodology Knowledge
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained