At the heart of the Sharing Economy, TrustedHousesitters offers a win-win for members and their pets. We’re enriching lives by connecting people and their pets around the globe. We give owners the freedom to travel with complete peace of mind, knowing that their pets are cared for by a loving sitter whilst they’re away. Sitters are able to stay for free, in amazing locations all over the world whilst enjoying the companionship of pets.
We’re cited by the world’s media as providing the market’s leading pet care solution and enabling a new trend in travel. We just received a special mention at the Amazon Growing Business Awards. We’ve won a Webby Award and a Lovie for Best Social and Community website and Richard Branson’s Virgin Media #VOOM Great Award 2016, to name just a few.
As a UX designer at TrustedHousesitters you will be responsible for ensuring the continued improvement of the user experience across our products. You will work closely with the Product Manager and Lead Product Designer to help shape the design, decisions and direction of the website, app and our internal management tool.
- Mapping user journeys
- Creating documentation to inform the design process
- Facilitating user testing and interviews
- Facilitating design sprints and workshops
- Wireframing and prototyping projects
- Proven Experience (3 years minimum) within the UX field
- A well rounded skill set across the UX Spectrum
- Experience undertaking user research, testing and requirements gathering
- Experience with facilitating meetings and workshops in house to gather desired outcomes
- Experience creating, conducting and analysing AB/MV tests
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Experience of UX design for mobile app would also be desirable
- You’ll be looking for a challenging but fun, fast-paced environment with plenty to think about and get your teeth into
- You are a hands on practitioner who is able to work on detailed and technical solutions without losing sight of the bigger picture
- You enjoy a collaborative design process working with a cross functional team
- You are a proactive communicator who can share their ideas and discoveries effectively with a team
- You are organised and clear thinking
- You are used to moving quickly within an agile environment
- A vibrant and welcoming informal atmosphere in our Central Brighton office
- The chance to be part of a supportive team in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday.
- A free membership to TrustedHousesitters to enjoy the amazing value our service has to offer and the chance to go house sitting too!
- Fun, sociable events in and out of our office space. We love heading to the beach for a BBQ in the summer, we have table tennis, drinks and lots more!