UX / UI Designer
At Welcome we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step outside the airplane till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip, as well as stand by them for any information or product they need for the duration of their stay, through our mobile application.
Welcome's model is unique in a global level and our goal is to be the unquestionable leader for the category we are creating. We are already active in 17 destinations including Athens, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Vienna, Rome and Hong Kong, and we keep expanding by adding 2 new destinations per month. In 2017 we served more than 200,000 travelers and we plan to surpass 1 million travelers in 2018.
Welcome has the highest travel customer ratings surpassing companies like Airbnb, and Uber and gathering hundreds of raving reviews. The company received a big financing round recently and has 32 exceptional team members in Greece and abroad.
If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission to expand Welcome globally and create the perfect travel experience from start to finish, go ahead and apply for the position.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Designer to lead all our online (web, app) design efforts. With your designs, you will help thousands of people across the world have a better travel experience and shape memories of a lifetime. You have a great opportunity to join a fast growing company, in a highly collaborative design-driven environment.
What you will do:
- Lead all web design efforts from conception to final hand-off to engineering
- Lead the design of our three apps (traveler, driver, partner) from conception to final hand-off to engineering
- Manage any contracted designer who will assist you to complete things on time
- Work closely with the engineering team to assure that the end result matches the initial conception
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to engineering, product and management
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. You have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills and you are able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio in Dribbble or Behance
- Proven experience leading the design efforts from conception to execution for other projects or companies
- Excellent visual design skills which match our brand guidelines and aesthetics
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Ability to manage contracted designers and work in a sprint-like schedule
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work well as a team in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic and hardworking people
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks
If we got you excited and you think you have what it takes to join a young, well-funded and fast growing startup, then just hit the ‘Apply for this job’ button!