Intern/Stagiaire - Public Affairs
Intern/Stagiaire - Ryanair - Brussels
We have an excellent opportunity for an Intern/Stagiaire to join our Public Affairs department in Brussels for a 6 month period.
Ryanair is Europe’s largest airline, currently carrying 130m passengers per annum and continuing to expand. Ryanair has 87 bases throughout Europe and operates in 30 countries and over 200 airports.
Ryanair is looking for a full-time Intern/Stagiaire for a six-month period. We are offering the opportunity of entry level professional experience in a public affairs environment, working for one of Europe’s most exciting and ambitious businesses, currently employing 13,000 people in a range of capacities throughout Europe.
Reporting directly to the Director of Public Affairs, the appointed person’s main duties will include, as required:
- Preparation of briefing material / updates;
- Preparation of position papers, including supporting research, and material for presentations;
- Stakeholder analysis and reporting, including database management;
- Attending policy events on behalf of Ryanair;
- Provision of administrative and organisational support for Ryanair Brussels office and Dublin HQ;
- Engagement with work programme of aviation industry group A4E;
- Organisation of policy events, e.g., in European Parliament.
Applicant Should Have...
- Hold a university degree;
- Have professional level spoken and written English;
- Be a good oral communicator and writer;
- Have ability/appetite to work independently;
- Have a demonstrated interest in public affairs, including previous internship experience with a European institution;
- Demonstrate some familiarity with aviation regulation or the ability/appetite to quickly become conversant with the relevant issues from a professional standpoint;
- Possess good organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Be a flexible team worker with the ability to operate in a multicultural environment;
- Possess excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Start date September 2017
This is a paid position.
Closing date - 26th June 2017