At Auror, our crime intelligence platform is changing how police and communities fight crime. We help our customers save time, money, and keep people safe by making it easy to report crime, work together with police and other local businesses, and harness data to solve and prevent crime.
Our platform is used by New Zealand’s largest retailers and the Police; we’re active in the Australian market, and are looking to take our innovative technology to the world. We’re backed by heavyweight tech investors including Sam Morgan, Sir Stephen Tindall, and Reinventure, Westpac Australia’s venture capital fund. You'll work with a highly collaborative team based in Auckland.
We’re a fast growing start-up, so you need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. Your role will likely evolve as our company grows.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A TALENTED GRAPHIC DESIGNER WHO:
Lives and breathes great design, and is ready to step up creatively and work closely with our Marketing team to create beautiful and innovative work in a variety of media: everything from brochures and sales collateral, to promotional gear and tradeshow booths, to presentations and slide decks. You’ll be a champion for design – you’ll have your own opinions on what makes good visual work and be confident in presenting your unique perspective and pushing the Auror brand to the next level.
That means you can:
- Develop multiple design solutions to a particular problem and a recommended approach.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions for new projects and contribute to developing overall strategic brand direction.
- Research, develop, design, and create comprehensive brand systems, creative concepts and campaigns across multiple media (print/collateral, interactive/web, and digital)
You’ll enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including:
- Design solutions for our website
- Create engaging sales collateral
- Web campaigns, landing pages and email campaigns
- Event and conference collateral
- Advertising campaigns
- Crimefighter swag (crimefighter capes, notebooks, pens and more)
- Anything else you can proactively come up with that will help communicate our story and vision.
Our Core Principles:
- The team comes first: You’re a team player focused on better outcomes for our customers.
- Run fast and make things happen: You’re a problem solver with an ownership mindset.
- Strong opinions loosely held: You offer necessary honesty and provide valuable contributions to discussions.
- Relentless about improvement: You learn fast and always strive to be better.
- Master simplicity: You’ll help convey complex problems in a simple way visually
To ace this role you will have;
- 3+ years of graphic design experience working across a wide variety of media
- Excellent technical skills with Adobe Creative Cloud software - Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience working across the entire design process from briefing, brainstorming, concept creation, sketching through to execution
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex things in a visual way
- Solid understanding and foundation of design, color, and typography, especially as related to information design and interaction design would be a bonus
- Great initiative, time management, and organisational skills.
- Superlative organisational skills to manage a large library of design projects and assets.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively present your ideas.
- Bonus points if you have experience using Sketch
- Portfolio that speaks to the quality of experiences delivered
We’re offering a fun and creative work environment with an important mission. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in a design-led organisation making a real difference.
Some of the benefits of working at Auror include:
- Employee share scheme: Own part of a company making a real difference.
- Team love: We have monthly team activities and regular team lunches.
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life balance.
- Personal Development: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them be relentless about improvement.
Get in touch:
If you’re excited about our mission and have experience and a passion for the Designer role, hit Apply and in your Cover Letter tell us why the role appeals to you.