Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform, bringing transparency and reliability to international education. We’re building a platform that is valuable to students and agile to the demands of international education. Our focus is strongly user-centred & we place all our energy on knowing what students want, allowing them to be the main architects of our portals.
Interaction Developer at Studyportals: what is your role?
As a Interaction Developer you will explore technologies like Sass, Vue.js, Gulp, Node.js and Service Workers to boost the usability of our student-facing websites and our internal tools every sprint. You will also be expected to contribute to our product vision and roadmap on a regular basis; for example during daily team stand-ups or quarterly engineering strategy days.
Finally, because it’s also really important to measure our effectiveness, we are currently focusing on our continuous deployment process; adding value to our users with every iteration should be top of mind!
Who will you work with?
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people; 2 Front End developers, 2 Back End developers and one UX designer. Your team will be cooperating with our graphic designers and our Marketing- and Sales- teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. Your Product Owner, your scrum team and the Front-End tribe as a whole are always there to help you have a voice within the Studyportals team.
Ambition and teamwork: that is what we look for in our Interaction Developer
As a person you have ambition, are energetic and fun to work with! You are eager to contribute to Studyportals in an official capacity during day-to-day work, but also by developing yourself and innovating during our bi-weekly hack days. As a professional you have an entrepreneurial drive and can work independently as well in a team. As an experienced Interaction Developer you believe in mobile first, responsive approach to web development. Sounds familiar? Great! If you really want to be successful in this position, you should also recognise yourself in the following requirements:
At least three full years of work experience as web developer.
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML5 and CSS3.
- You have experience in building and optimizing high-traffic websites.
- The ability to quickly visualize your ideas digitally or on paper
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication
- You are comfortable speaking in English on a day-to-day basis
- A full-time position.
- 25 days paid leave.
- Competitive salary, including an excellent bonus scheme.
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- A discount for a collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances.
- Interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice, hackdays, etc...
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated. Apart from your contribution to the company, your personal development has high priority.
- A great company environment that is serious about having fun with everything we do, including frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the European market is desperately waiting for.
- Located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven. An exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airport.
Tempted? Get some insight into who we are here:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/studyportals and www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers