Stockopedia.com, the award-winning online stock market SaaS provider, is looking for a full time Front End Developer to join the Development Team at our Oxford HQ.
You'll be taking ownership of our web and mobile user interfaces - used by more than 10,000 subscribers and 150,000 visitors every month. Your key responsibility will be translating UI/UX designs into the working code of our web and mobile applications. You will work with designers, product managers & front end engineers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, defining how the application looks, works and feels.
If you love to combine the art of design with the art of programming and have an sharp eye for detail, you could be perfect for the role. This is an outstanding opportunity for a skilled developer with a drive to learn to join a rapidly-growing B2C brand.
- Ownership of our new web & mobile application UI codebases.
- Collaborate with front end engineers and designers to create the best solutions.
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency across all user interfaces at all resolutions.
- Ensure we generate reusable design patterns and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of all UI/UX designs.
- Optimise implemented designs for maximum speed and scalability.
- At least 3 years experience as a Front-End Developer.
- BSc degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science or similar/related field.
- Detailed understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 & frameworks.
- Proficient in responsive & native design methodologies.
- Familiarity with image authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Sketch etc).
- A good grasp of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to debug & test.
Nice to have
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor (we use Sass).
- Grasp of version-control systems (we use Git)
- Understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that an application will adhere to them.
There are many benefits to working at Stockopedia.com but the best are the great work/life balance principles at our core.
- Work to live - Our founder hated the Goldman Sachs work culture... so we work to live, not live to work. Come in for eight hours of super-focused work time, and then go home.
- Time Off - Great results need rest. With 24 days holidays plus bank holidays you'll have ample time to climb mountains or kick back the tires.
- Flexibility - we provide the option of a day's work from home for those that have longer commutes, and as many of us are parents there's always flexibility to deal with the kids.
- Pensions - live for today, but don't forget the future. We contribute to your pension pot via Now Pensions, so that you know you'll be retiring well.
- Sharpen the saw - whether your ambition is three letters after your name or just to learn new skills, we'll cover the costs of any education and training you want to take.
- Expenses - All employees can expense every lunch that builds connections & any book that improves their mind. If it's work related we'll pay for it.
- Gear up - With a great gear budget for every hire we'll help you get all the tools you need.
When you apply, please send in a cover letter as well as attaching some examples of your work. That will show us that you've read this far... and yes it will show us that you care about the details and reading things to the end. These things matter... we know it... but we want to know that you know it too. :-)